Saturday, August 15, 2009

Youtube-Assignment 20

I know, I am not doing my assignments in order. I think I read somewhere that you didn't have to. My experience with Youtube has been very limited since our school has blocked the site because we have such a problem with band-width. My one experience with it (before it was blocked) was to see a child watching a very pretty love poem turn into a dancing penis. Oh well--it was very artsy. Today I watched a few videoes about libraries and found that there are tons of them. I plan to explore more with more time--ha-ha. I watched the video on the opening of Azle's new library. I got to see the library a couple of months ago and was blown away. The video was a little long, but nicely done. All of us would love to have a library like that. Wow!
I also discovered Crafty Creations from the Abliene Public Library. Not being very crafty myself, I am always looking for crafts for the kids. They do a monthly video of crafts matched up with books. Real cute and easy to follow. I have subscribed to their "feed", I think. I also watched a few of the clips about using Texshare. All were very pretty, but kinda dull.
My favorite was the UNT Library Portal to Texas History. It was nothing but picture after picture from Texas History with a little publicity thrown in, but I couldn't stop watching it.
I couldn't find a way to download the clips to watch later, but I'll explore it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment